Guided trek in hotels and family-run refuges / Grade 4: Challenging+
- 11 days, Guided point-to-point 130km trek with qualified International Mountain Leader
- Small groups – maximum 14 trekkers
- Dolomites UNESCO World Heritage Site: Cortina, Tre Cime, Marmalada
- 7 nights in 3-star hotels
- 3 nights in private, family-run refuges
- 8 dinners and 5 picnic lunches included
- All transfers and 5 cable cars included
Group size: 6-14
We make good use of the cable cars to gain height which allows us to trek amongst some of the highest limestone peaks with far reaching views. You will trek approximately 130km in 9 days, with some significant ascents and descents as well as summiting Piz Boe at 3152m/10,341 ft.
We visit pretty towns via quiet trails and stay at good 3-star hotels for 7 of the 10 nights, most of which have a spa and wellness centre. High in the mountains we stay in good-quality, family-run refuges so you can really savour the magnificence of the high Dolomites. Each refuge has been selected for its location and special experience. Our route keeps to quieter trails, though we do cross paths with the overcrowded north to south Alta Via 1 (AV1) a couple of times.
Your main luggage is transferred from hotel to hotel so there is only need for light backpacking while we stay for the three nights in refuges.